[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #532: Clean up implicit binding, Shepherd: Arnaud

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Aug 23 09:50:59 UTC 2022

Dear Committee,

Clean up and simplify the treatment of implicit binding
have been submitted by John Ericson

https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/532

https://github.com/Ericson2314/ghc-proposals/blob/type-variables/proposals/0532-type-variable-scoping.rst

This is a refinement of Modern Scoped Type variables (#448), where John
believe we have left some things undone. Hence I’d like to ask Arnaud
to also shepherd this one.

Note that John’s #532 actually makes edits to a few existing proposals
(#425,  #448, #523) to clean them up; the linked proposal above
explains and summarizes the changes, but also note the full diff of the
PR.

Please guide us to a conclusion as outlined in
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process

Thanks,

  mail at joachim-breitner.de