[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #517: Require implementors before proposal submission, Shepherd: Simon PJ

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Sat Aug 6 11:21:53 UTC 2022

I wouldn’t worry too much about the optics of approving proposals that don’t get implemented — if that were the only issue I wouldn’t object to having a heap of proposals ready to be implemented by a keen implementor.  Healthy backlogs are better than the alternative in my view.

Having proposals in the twilight zone, absorbing committee time and frustrating proposers that are never likely to get implemented is not good and this proposal should help with that so I support it.

Chris