[ghc-steering-committee] How I pick shepherds

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Tue Aug 2 20:48:09 UTC 2022

But this is an algorithm! It just has subjective components. :)

Indeed I guessed at much of this, including opening up those links. What I didn't have is a good way of knowing what members had recently shepherded, and so I couldn't do load-balancing.

For my part, I think the current algorithm is good and does not need refinement. Some of us are naturally more inclined to keep up with this kind of work, and thus expecting shepherds to always volunteer themselves will lead to an effectively smaller committee, which is not what we want.

Thanks for laying this out!

Richard