[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #302: Multiway lambda: new extension or not?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Sep 14 07:38:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

on the multiway-lambda story, we have voted to add \cases alongside
\case. But one open question is still: Do we
 (1) add -XLambdaCases (which would imply -XLambdaCase) or
 (2) simply expand the meaning of -XLambdaCase.

On the Github thread at
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/302#issuecomment-895080031
we see that I lean towards (1), but SPJ leands towards (2).

It doesn’t matter that much, but we need to make a decision. Can I
please get some opinions from the rest of the committee on this point?

  mail at joachim-breitner.de