[ghc-steering-committee] Recommendation for #378: support the design for dependent types

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:39:56 UTC 2021

Hello,

my preference would be to reject this proposal, and turn the "proposed
design for dependent haskell" (the link in Simon's e-mail) into its own
proposal so that we can discuss it, and suggest changes.   It seems really
odd to agree to adhere to a design that we never discussed.

By the way, it's really great to finally see something written down about
the actual design of DH.  I had a quick read, and I have some questions,
which is why I think it makes more sense to have the design as its own
proposal.  In particular, it seems to me like it might be quite possible to
split the DH design into a collection of separate extensions, which might
make it easier to understand, although I don't fully understand the whole
picture, and might be wrong about that.

-Iavor