[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #302: `\of` (New Shepherd: Simon PJ)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Jun 15 14:25:35 UTC 2021

Hi,

thanks for narrowing down the option, I am happy with direction, and
have nothing urgent to add. Option (3), XExtendedCase, is in a way
cute, but probably too playful for its own good.

I think (1) is a good way forward, and balances elegance with backward
compatibility (by not conflicting with the popular \case) well. We can
have some fun coming up with the right name (\cases? \of? \mcase?
\function?). My solution to avoid spending too much time on that
particular bike shed color is just to include all reasonable variants
on the ballot and let ranked voting sort it out for us.

Am Dienstag, den 15.06.2021, 12:52 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones via
ghc-steering-committee:
  mail at joachim-breitner.de