[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #281: Visible "forall" in terms; rec: accept

Vladislav Zavialov (int-index) vlad.z.4096 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:16:24 UTC 2021

> On 2 Jun 2021, at 13:02, Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee at haskell.org> wrote:
>
> You might wonder if we could do some magic for built-in syntax like [T].   But it would be terribly strange to treat (f [T]) completely differently from (f [T,T]), say.

Indeed it would be strange, although that is a weaker argument than adherence to LSP, as we already do the strange thing with DataKinds (e.g. `f :: Proxy [Int] -> …` is treated differently from `f :: Proxy [Int,Int] -> …`). In fact, -XNoListTupleTypeSyntax is in the proposal exactly to address this.

- Vlad