[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #302: `\of` (New Shepherd: Simon PJ)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Jul 1 19:09:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am Montag, dem 28.06.2021 um 18:25 +0300 schrieb Vladislav Zavialov
(int-index):
> While (3) is my personal favorite, it has received some heavy pushback, and I don’t suppose it has any chance of getting accepted. Therefore, I guess I’m asking to add (2)

we do ranked voting precisely to not have to spend time on such
discussions. Including an option with little chance doesn’t affect the
outcome, so just include it. And even a single member saying it’s their
personal favorite is, IMHO, enough reason to include it on the ballot.

Also, realistically, not all the committee members have probably made
up their mind, and some will only look careful at whatever is on the
ballet. So we can’t know whether it s has a chance until it is voted
on. It’s also nice to all the people outside the committee who might
favor this option to include it.

TL;DR: Don't be stingy with the options :-)

  mail at joachim-breitner.de