[ghc-steering-committee] Expiring members: Simons, Iavor, Richard, Me

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Jan 22 14:49:07 UTC 2021

Dear committee,

with the refined bylaws merged at
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/blob/master/committee.rst
we now have a three year term limit.

Luckily I have always tracked when each of us started, at
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#who-is-the-committee
so it is easy to see that the following members’s terms have expired:

   Iavor, Richard, Simon², me

The rules are slightly different for the Simons (“key members”) and the
rest of us.

Simons:
Do you want to stay on the committee?
If you say yes, the committee does a simple majority vote to confirm
that.

Iavor, Richard, Joachim:
We three are lame ducks now: We are now “expiring members”, we are only
on the committee until the end of now triggered public call for
nominations. We three are eligible to re-nominate ourselves, of course.

With three expiring members we are down to 7 active members (less if
one of the Simons does not want to stay on). This means a call for
nominations is triggered now. I think I’ll send it out on the weekend.
The text of the previous was this:
https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2019-December/025880.html
Let me know if you want me to use a different text.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de