[ghc-steering-committee] Steering Committee bylaws

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jan 9 16:39:17 UTC 2021

Dear Committee,

after some refinement by some of you on the PR (thanks!), Richard would
like us to vote on the bylaws.

Please review
https://github.com/goldfirere/ghc-proposals/blob/bylaws/committee.rst
and also the other changes of
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/360/files

The maybe most prominent change is the introduction of term limits of 3
years for all who are not Simon. This means that Richard, Iavor and me
would, upon acceptance of this proposal, drop out, causing the size of
the committee to drop below 9, thus triggering a call for nominations,
for which we’d be eligible to re-nominiate ourself.

Please have a closer look again, so that we have ironed out all
wrinkles, and then very soon can vote about these bylaws.