[ghc-steering-committee] #371: Stop treating ~ magically. Rec: weak accept

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Thu Apr 22 02:10:28 UTC 2021

Hi committee,

This proposal has been updated to include exporting (~) from the Prelude. This means that migration is much easier than it was previously, likely not requiring any import changes (or just in a project's custom Prelude). Users will have to enable -XTypeOperators (and could choose to disable -XGADTs or -XTypeFamilies). With this new export, I'm more firmly in favor of cleaning up this one little corner: let's accept.

I will wait one week for any comments, and then will accept this proposal.

Thanks,
Richard