[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Oct 27 18:01:49 UTC 2020

Dear Committee,

another “regular” status update. So what has happened in the last two months?

 * Lots of discussion about GHC2020. Enough to make it rather GHC2021.

 * Richard refines the bylaws in #360. Maybe everybody has a second
   look now and then we can merge this?

 * we were asked to review these proposals:
   #356: Linear Types arrow, shepherd: Richard
   #351: NoIncomplete, shepherd: Iavor
   #364: Unify Nat and Natural, shepherd: Alejandro
   #283: Local modules, Shepherd: Arnaud
   #367: Clarify primops using unboxed sums, Shepherd: Simon Marlow
   #369: Add sumToTag# primop, Shepherd: Eric

 * we have a recommendation from the shepherd about:
   #302: \of (rec: reject)
   #356: Linear Types arrow (rec: vote)
   #364: Unify Nat and Natural (rec: accept)
   #281: Visible 'forall' in types of terms (rec: accept)
   #283: Local modules (rec: accept)

 * we have sent the following proposals back to revision
   #281: Visible 'forall' in types of terms

 * we decided about the following proposals
   #356: Linear Types arrow (accept)
   #364: Unify Nat and Natural (accept)

We currently have to act on the following 5 proposals, up by 3.

## Waiting for committee decision

#313: Delimited continuation primops, Shepherd: Simon Marlow

#367: Clarify primops using unboxed sums, Shepherd: Simon Marlow

## Waiting for Shepherd action

#333: Defer Parse Errors, Shepherd: Tom
      Tom, is this ready for Committee consideration?

#302: Layout and Guards in Lambda Expressions, Shepherd: Cale
      Cale, it is high time to jump into action here!

  mail at joachim-breitner.de