[ghc-steering-committee] GHC 2020

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:24:08 UTC 2020

It seems that people like the idea, 300 out of 400 respondents gave a
"yes!", with around 100 saying it's a good idea or not caring.

If we did some meta-PR, I would prefer to simply discuss Joachim's and
Richard's proposals. I've been convinced that discussing per-extension
would result in endless pain, and I am in favour of making the Committee
"seed" the process with the list of extensions. Any other source of
information (polls, stats) should be considered, but I agree with Joachim
that some extensions may not be used that much, but pose a very low
barrier, and thus should be accepted. I don't think that would be a
problem, I trust ourselves not making crazy decisions.

What do the rest of the Committee think?

Alejandro