[ghc-steering-committee] Prelimary GHC extensions stats

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Nov 16 14:15:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am Montag, den 16.11.2020, 14:05 +0000 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> > On Nov 15, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> >
> > Happy to take suggestions for more suitable names, maybe from Richard,
> > our master of sophisticated English vocabulary.
>
> Hmph. And I always consider Simon PJ to be a more erudite logophile
> than I. But, really, I think Joachim is just parading the fact that
> he unseated my near-miss at getting "bespoke" to be a keyword in
> Haskell (instead of the "stock" deriving strategy).

I don’t deny Simon’s logophilia, but whoever calls other logophiles
“erudite” is definitely humble bragging.

And clearly, while I am very
fond of the style of logophilia that brought us gems like “zonking“,
the “WizWoz machine” and many others, the criteria names in my original
message were a genuine attempt attempt to imitate Richard’s very own
style – as as such, be assured that it was most sincere flattery, and
not at all parading of past quarrels :-)

Ok, might also have been influenced by just finished reading a book by
Alan Bradley…

  mail at joachim-breitner.de