[ghc-steering-committee] Please review "Visible 'forall' in types of terms" #281

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:41:55 UTC 2020

Hello,

Proposal #281 has been submitted for review by the committee again, please
read through it and let's have a discussion.   Here are links to the
proposal's discussion section, and the proposal text:

https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/281
https://github.com/int-index/ghc-proposals/blob/visible-forall/proposals/0000-visible-forall.rst

While I suggested acceptance on the previous version, I am leaning towards
rejecting the proposal  now.  My reasoning is that I hadn't fully
understood all the aspects of the original proposal, and the new proposal
seems to lack a simple modular specification.  There are *many* changes
described in the document,  but I found it hard to understand what is the
current design, from the point of view of a user of the feature, as opposed
to someone trying to implement it.

I'd be curious about what others think.

-Iavor