[ghc-steering-committee] Committee Review #314: Enable `-Wnoncanonical-monad-instances` and `-Wnoncanonical-monoid-instances` by default

Tom Harding tomjharding at live.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 22:49:52 UTC 2020

Friends,

This proposal seems very reasonable to me, and the ramifications are minimal. Consequently, I recommend that we accept.

I’d now like to open the proposal up to committee discussion. My belief is that the issue be fairly uncontentious (particularly as prior behaviour can be fully restored by explicitly passing the relevant `-Wno-...` flags to the compiler), but I welcome any thoughts either way.

Thanks,
Tom