[ghc-steering-committee] Haddock

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:50:45 UTC 2020

Hello,

I think having a committee member who's involved with `haddock` makes
sense, as `haddock` really is very tightly coupled with GHC.  This, of
course, presumes that Simon M is not actively involved with `haddock`
anymore, otherwise we already have a representative.

More generally, I think it is good if there is some overlap between various
communities/organizations/projects, as it makes dissemination of
information much smoother, and knowing what's happening in "the community",
well, makes the community.

I would recommend reaching out to Alec Theriault (`harpocrates` on
git-hub).  I've worked with him in the past and he is very smart and
thoughtful.    I have not spoken to him, so I am not sure if he'd be up for
taking up the position, but if we do decide to invite Alec, I'd be happy to
reach out and ask him.

-Iavor