[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #303: Constraint based arrow notation, Shepherd: Alejandro

Spiwack, Arnaud arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io
Wed Jun 3 09:25:49 UTC 2020

It seems to me that the proposal is well-motivated and well-written. It
proposes to dust up a dark corner of GHC. I don't have technical insight
into this, but it does look like something worth accepting, and not really
costly.

Do I understand correctly that the choice between wired-in and non-wired-in
type families is mostly an implementation detail? If so, this is a
conversation which would best take place in the corresponding MR, rather
than in the proposal.