[ghc-steering-committee] Record syntax

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Jan 7 12:49:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

I dislike separating the two major questions.

If we go with (3) (tight postfix, Ocaml-style), the no-space question
becomes irrelevant; we’d not even have to mention it any more, as it
follows naturally from tight binding.

If we go with (2) (same-as-application, JS-style), then the no-space
question becomes “do we want to make zero whitespace special”.

So to me, the two questions are inherently tied together.

If it comes to a vote, that’s not a problem; ranked voting will take
care of that.

Views have been exchanged, no new technical insights have appeared for
a while and this is inherently opinion-based, so I am inclined to just
resolve this by voting among the committee, instead of poking until
consensus emerges.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de