[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #303: Constraint based arrow notation, Shepherd: Chis Allen

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Fri Jan 3 17:43:59 UTC 2020

This is an interesting proposal. The merits of the proposal are one
thing, but it also feels like someone is proposing to renovate an
abandoned corner of GHC. I'll try to weigh these orthogonal benefits
as best I can.

I'll take a deeper look after work.

Cheers,
Chris

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM Joachim Breitner
<mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:

> Of course I mean Chris Allen. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Am Freitag, den 03.01.2020, 15:20 +0100 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > Dear Committee,
> >
> > this is your secretary speaking:
> >
> > Constraint based arrow notation
> > has been proposed by Aleix King
> > https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/303
> > https://github.com/lexi-lambda/ghc-proposals/blob/constraint-based-arrow-notation/proposals/0000-constraint-based-arrow-notation.md
> >
> > I propose Chris Done as the shepherd.
> >
> > Please guide us to a conclusion as outlined in
> > https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joachim
>   mail at joachim-breitner.de