[ghc-steering-committee] A plea for BlockArguments

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Dec 5 15:40:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 05.12.2020, 12:20 +0000 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> So I haven't developed a sense for how well it works in practice.
> Perhaps we should punt on this until GHC2022 given that it's so new,
> though?

me neither. It’s a bit of an odd situation: I was advocating for it
when it went through the process, and I am still looking forward to it.
But as long as I have to add the extension to the file before using it,
I’m more inclined to throw in to $ and keep on coding. So I have not
used it a lot yet, because it's not on by default… so maybe I should
make sure it’s on eventually ;-)

But yes, maybe better to keep some nice cookies in the jar for GHC2022…
Plus, not everybody will be 100% happy about this being on by default.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de