[ghc-steering-committee] A plea for BlockArguments

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:22:41 UTC 2020

While we are pleading for things, I'd really like to have BlockArguments on
by default, as I use them all the time, and I really don't think that
adding the extension to a module adds much information.

I realize that this is mostly a stylistic issue, and some programmers are
going to prefer to write explicit parens, which is perfectly fine and in
now way incompatible with BlockArguments.

Personally I like the extension because, while it takes a bit of getting
used to, for me it leads to less syntactic noise in the code, which makes
it easier to read and manipulate code.