[ghc-steering-committee] Unsaturated type families (#242)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Dec 2 18:24:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2020, 16:30 +0100 schrieb Spiwack, Arnaud:
> I'm a bit worried by the limited response from the committee on this
> proposal. It is a non-trivial proposal, and I think it deserves more
> eyes. So please have a look at them so that we can commit to this
> with confidence.

it is above my head to commit with confidence.
Yes, I want them!

Do I want the matchability kind (and not subtyping)? Do I want
matchability-polymorphism? Are these the right defaults?
I don't know!

So if the expects say “that's the best we can do”, then all for it. If
the experts say “this there are other corner in the design space”, and
maybe some are simpler/more elegant/what not? Then I can comment.

BTW, https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/242#issuecomment-736738891 is unanswerd yet.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de