[ghc-steering-committee] Meet during ICFP?

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:48:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

I was wondering if folks would be interested in a quick video chat some
time next week?   We have met in person during past ICFPs, and I think it
is fun to interact a little more directly with people, even if it happens
quite rarely :)

Potential topics to discuss could be:
   * how are things going with the committee---there doesn't seem to be
much discussion happening on proposal,
   * I would like to hear more about the Haskell Foundation idea, and I
think it might be easier to convey the vision in person, rather than trying
to figure it out through the formal documents
   * There is a ticket about potentially defining a GHC2020
multi-extension:  I think that's an interesting idea, but we may want to
discuss (1) how do other folks feel about such a thing, (2) what's the most
constructive way to make progress on this kind of topic, as there are
likely going to be many different opinions on what GHC2020 should be.

Thoughts?
-Iavor