[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #273: Local Types, Recommendation: needs revision

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Mon Nov 25 17:00:41 UTC 2019

I mis-summarized my GitHub comment. I agree that the local modules proposals do not cover `reflection` and brought up a strawman counterproposal just to support `reflection` (and similar usages of classes); the local modules proposals cover the rest of the "would be nice" aspect of local types, in my opinion.

Richard