[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 3 11:27:57 UTC 2019

Dear committee,

Sany is smearing honey around my mouth on reddit, so I better leap into
action and fulfill expectations.

Since the last status, we

 * SPJ refined our processes in #271

 * were asked to review these proposals:
   #274: Quick Look Impredicativity (Shepherd: Arnaud)
   #277: WinAPI cconv (Shepherd: Tamar)
   #270: Unified Namespace (Shepherd: Iavor)
   #254: Scale back "Function Result Type Signatures" (Shepherd: SPJ)
   #195: newtype Q (Texp a) (Shepherd: Iavor)

 * have a recommendation form the shepherd about:
   #277: WinAPI cconv (rec: accept)
   #274: Quick Look Impredicativity (rec: accept)
   #254: Scale back "Function Result Type Signatures" (rec: accept)

 * decided about the following proposals
   #259: No kind signatures on associated types (accept)
   #220: QualifiedImports (reject)
   #277: WinAPI cconv (accept)
   #254: Scale back "Function Result Type Signatures" (accept)
   #270: Unified Namespace (needs revision)

We currently have to act on the following 3 proposals, keeping our
backlog nicely stable. Good job!

## Waiting for Shepherd action

Updated partial type signatures
Shepherd: Vitaly