[ghc-steering-committee] Discussion on #214, Namespace specifiers

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri May 31 18:23:59 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 31.05.2019, 11:15 -0700 schrieb Iavor Diatchki:
> I believe our new process is to have the discussion on Github, so
> please share your thoughts over there.
>
> I am a bit unclear about the steps in the new process (even though I
> voted for it :-), but as the shepherd I think I am supposed to make an
> initial? recommendation.
>
> If so, at the moment I am leaning towards a "reject":   I do think
> that the proposal has identified a valid area for improvement, but I
> don't quite like the currently proposed solution---I wrote some
> comments on GIthub as to why.
>
> Obviously, that's just my opinion, and the discussion would benefit
> from more input from the committee.

if you think it should be rejected, the idea is that you first discuss
this with the authors (on Github), to make sure that they had a chance
to respond to your criticism and make sure they feel understood. Once
that is settled, you follow the steps under
“Now the shepherd proposes to accept or reject the proposal” on
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process

HTH,

  mail at joachim-breitner.de