[ghc-steering-committee] new process on GitHub

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed May 22 18:10:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 22.05.2019, 19:30 +0200 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> Might I make a small suggestion: for the next 3 (arbitrary number)
> times a committee comes up for discussion on GitHub, could you send
> an email to the list, in addition to the other steps taken? This
> would help make sure that no proposal gets lost while we work out any
> notification bugs. Committee members should, ideally, be aware of the
> proposal discussion without this email, but it's good to be doubly
> sure.

shouldn’t be necessary; the process says (see last point):

Now the shepherd proposes to accept or reject the proposal. To do so,
they
 *  post their recommendation, with a rationale, on the GitHub
    discussion thread,
 *  label the pull request as Pending committee review,
 *  notify the committee by mentioning
    @ghc-proposals/ghc-steering-committee,
 *  include the sentence “This proposal will now be discussed by the
    committee. We welcome all authors to join the discussion, but
    kindly ask others to refrain from posting.” in the comment
 *  drop a short mail to the mailing list informing the committee that
    discussion has started.

In general we want messages on the list for all relevant status
changes.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de