[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon May 20 08:52:25 UTC 2019

Dear committee,

let’s see what happened in the last months.

I still wonder if we should do another call for new members, to get
fresh momentum here. Simons, as Chairs, what do you think?

This has happened since the last status:

 * Triggered by input from Matthew Pickering, we
   refined our proposal; discussions are now supposed to be happening
   on GitHub and shepherd talk to authors before proposing to reject.

   The mail I just sent had an incomplete list of proposals that I
   relabeled “Pending shepherd recommendation”. See below for
   the full list.

   Dear shepherd (Iavor, Vitaly, Ben, Manuel), please follow the
   new process for the open proposals listed below.

 * were asked to review these proposals:
   #213 Namespace specifiers (Shepherd: Iavor)
   #194 Updated partial type signatures (Shepherd: Vitaly)

 * got a recommendation from shepherds about:
   - none -

 * returned for revision by shepherd
   #177 Simple constrained type families

 * decided about the following proposals
   #209 Levity-polymorphic Lift (accept)
   #179 Printing of foralls (accept)
   #190 Module qualified syntax (accept)
   #155 Ty vars in lambdas (accept)

We currently have to act on the following 5 proposals, 3 down since
last stats:

Namespace Specifiers
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/214
Shepherd: Iavor

Updated partial type signatures
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/194
Shepherd: Vitaly

Type annotated quoters
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/125
Shepherd: Manuel

Provenance-Qualified Package Imports
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/115
Shepherd: Ben

ExtraCommas
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/87
Shepherd: Chris
Recommendation: accept
 Maybe we should just do do a vote (with fine-grained ranked options)?

  mail at joachim-breitner.de