[ghc-steering-committee] Procedural change vote

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at justtesting.org
Sat May 4 15:06:29 UTC 2019

If we decide to move the discussion to GitHub, I will certainly try that.

It can usually only serve as a reminder to hop onto GitHub again, though, as the GitHub comment notifications usually lack context.

In a long thread over a longer timespan, it is annoying to keep track of what you have read already and what’s new. I also find that a lot of people are not very consistent about citing the comments they are replying to, which makes it hard to disentangle multiple interleaved subthreads.

I like GitHub for code, but for the discussion we are having, I don’t think the UI is really made for that.

Cheers,
Manuel