[ghc-steering-committee] committee deliberation discussions

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Thu Jul 18 13:02:30 UTC 2019

I recall a non-committee member posting to the list a few months ago to try to clarify something in our discussion. So it must be possible, I think it’s just much more obvious to the public that the list is primarily for committee discussions.

I’ve also had trouble tracking which proposals are in an active committee deliberation. I’d favor some sort of hybrid model where we have discussions on the list, but don’t immediately reject proposals without inviting the author to address our concerns.

Another option could be to invite the author to join the committee discussion on the list from the beginning. Then there’s a bit less back and forth between GitHub and the list.

Sent from my iPhone