[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Jul 14 19:17:11 UTC 2019

Dear committee,

looks like my intuitive Status update cadence has become two months,
rather than one. Oh well.

This has happened since the last status, we

 * have new members. Welcome Sandy and Arnaud. Also thanks to Ben
   and Manuel.

 * were asked to review these proposals:
   #228 Function result type signatures (Shepherd: Simon PJ)
   #229 Parsing of (~) etc. (Shepherd: Richard)
   #160 NoToplevelFieldSelectors (Shepherd: Eric)
   #231 Record with syntax (Shepherd: Simon M.)
   #232 Ambiguous Type pragma (Shepherd: Richard)
   #220 QualifiedImports (Shepherd: Simon M)
   #240 Compile with threaded RTS (Shepherd: Simon M)

 * have a recommendation form the shepherd about:
   #229 Parsing of (~) etc. (rec: accept)
   #160 NoToplevelFieldSelectors (rec: accept)
   #231 Record with syntax (rec: accept)
   #220 QualifiedImports (rec: reject)
   #232 Ambiguous Type pragma (rec: accept)
   #115 Provenance-Qualified Package Imports (rec: accept)

 * decided about the following proposals
   #214 Namespace specifiers (needs revision)
   #216 Local Do (needs revision)
   #87 ExtraCommas (accepted a specific variant after voting)

We currently have to act on the following 10 proposals, 5 up since
last stats. Please check if any needs your action, especially as a shepherd:

Compile with threaded RTS
Shepherd: Simon M.
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/240

{-# AMBIGUOUS #-}