[ghc-steering-committee] New tasks for our new members

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Jul 10 07:41:09 UTC 2019

Welcome Sandy and Arnaud,

(CC’ing you still, but in general I’ll assume you will subscribe to the list).

First tasks, besides subscribing to the mailing list, are:

1. Read through https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/

2. There are a few proposals in the committee deliberation list. Check
the Shepherd’s recommendation and see if you agree with it. Tell
us if not (you may also indicate support, of course):
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Pending+committee+review%22

3. The following proposal were shepherded by our leaving members. These
have been lingering for quite a while, so I would like to re-assign
them to the new members:

   Type annotated quoters
   https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/125
Sandy, can you shepherd this (see the README for the next steps)

Provenance-Qualified Package Imports
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/115
   Aranud, can you shepherd this (see the README for the next steps)

   Looks like I can’t reassign them until you accepted my invitation to
   join the GitHub organization. Please ping me once you have done
   that.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de