[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Sat Jan 26 19:12:35 UTC 2019

I've addressed both proposals.

Bundling patterns with synonyms is simply done unless you need to take
further action with the rejection.

ExtraCommas requires a final decision. I still think we should accept
the proposal as-is and Matt is still prepared to move that ball
forward. it's down to what the rest of the committee believes about
the proposal's pros and cons.

Cheers,
Chris

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 9:54 AM Joachim Breitner
<mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:

> Dear committee,
>
> another quiet month. There are a few proposals that are desperately
> waiting for action from Manuel, Ben and Chris.
>
>  Here is what happened:
>
>  * were asked to review these proposals:
>    -none-
>
>  * got a recommendation from shepherds about:
>    #158 Add setField to HasField (rec: accept)
>
>  * decided about the following proposals
>    -none-
>
> (But new, unsubmitted proposals are on the horizon.)
>
> We currently have to act on the following 6 proposals, down one because
> the Or pattern proposal got withdrawn.
>
> liftTyped
> https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/175
> Shepherd: Ben