[ghc-steering-committee] Discussion on #155 Type Variable in Labmdas

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:22:31 UTC 2019

Hello,

my concern is mainly with introducing multiple language constructs that do
almost the same thing and neither is better than the other as I think this
complicates the language unnecessarily.

Vladislav, I am not sure of the details of your example, but isn't it the
case that you could write it with scoped type variables if you wrote the
type down?   I agree that this can be a pain,
and as far as I see, this is the main use case for this feature---it
provides an easier way to call higher-rank functions, when you need to
refer to the type parameter in the polymorphic argument.

-Iavor