[ghc-steering-committee] Stepping down

Sandy Maguire sandy at sandymaguire.me
Sun Dec 8 05:42:46 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Regrettably, I've decided to step down from the steering committee. My
heart simply isn't in Haskell these days, and I'd prefer to give up my
membership to someone more capable of doing good with it.

For my replacement, I'd like to nominate Tom Harding and Chris Penner (both
cc'd). I don't know of anyone else in the community who is as smart or
dedicated as these two. Both have solid industrial credentials to help
diversify the otherwise academic committee. The community at large would be
very lucky to have either of them helping to steer.

It's been an honour to serve with you all.

Best,
Sandy