[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #265: Unlifted Datatypes, Shepherd: Simon Marlow

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Dec 2 16:13:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Montag, den 02.12.2019, 10:12 +0000 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 10:06, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> > Please reach consensus as described in
> > https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process
> > I suggest you make a recommendation, in a new e-mail thread with the
> > proposal number in the subject, about the decision, maybe point out
> > debatable points, and assume that anyone who stays quiet agrees with
> > you.
>
> BTW, I just checked the proposal process documentation, and it says:
>
> Now the shepherd proposes to accept or reject the proposal. To do so, they
> * post their recommendation, with a rationale, on the GitHub discussion thread,
> * label the pull request as Pending committee review,
> * re-title the proposal pull request, appending (under review) at the end. (This enables easy email filtering.)
> * drop a short mail to the mailing list informing the committee that discussion has started.
> which isn't exactly in line with the paragraph above.
> Shouldn't the first line be something like "post their
recommendation, with a rationale, to the committee mailing list", and
remove the final bullet?

As Simon PJ says, the proposal process text is the better one, and the
blurb in my mail was just eternaly copy’n’pasted. Will try to rephrase
(or simply point to the process section) in my next mail if I remember.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de