[ghc-steering-committee] Results of committee meeting at ICFP

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 21 14:56:50 UTC 2019

|  * We will update wording in the README to tell authors that turning
|    a proposal back with “needs review” is not a bad thing.

I think we could be more precise.  Specifically, if significant new technical questions arise during committee discussion, then I think it should be positively encouraged to go back to discussion phase, so that the author can update the proposal to address the technical questions, and (when the discussion dies down and the author is satisfied), resbumit.

In this way proposals should languish in "committee review" status for less long.

Simon