[ghc-steering-committee] Need more Trac tickets

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Tue May 29 19:59:11 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Ryan Scott very helpfully this morning labeled the Trac tickets that have grown from proposals. However, there remain a good many proposals without corresponding Trac tickets.

I propose that we make it a shepherd's responsibility to make sure that a Trac ticket is created upon the acceptance of a proposal. Specifically: a shepherd should encourage the proposer to make the Trac ticket, and if this fails to happen, then for the shepherd to do it himself. (Why have the proposer do it? 1. To lessen the burden on the shepherd. 2. To subtly encourage the proposer to ponder the possibility of implementing.)

What do we think? We'll still have to make tickets for those accepted proposals but with not tickets...