[ghc-steering-committee] Extra Commas (#87), Recommend: accept

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:38:38 UTC 2018

I support both adding ExtraCommas (minus constraint tuples) and Joachim's
suggestion to modify the warning for duplicate exports.  Both  of these are
useful.

The "cleaner diffs" motivation is more compelling than the CPP argument, in
my opinion. I often have to work with Python where it's common practice to
include trailing commas in multiline lists, and I miss it in Haskell.

Cheers
Simon