[ghc-steering-committee] Or patterns #43 (Round 2.5)

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at justtesting.org
Fri Jun 29 03:16:30 UTC 2018

As a reaction to SimonPJ’s suggestion in the ”Round 2” thread

  https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-steering-committee/2018-June/000601.html

we have now got a revised revised-proposal for or-patterns at

 (formatted) https://github.com/osa1/ghc-proposals/blob/or_patterns/proposals/0000-or-patterns.rst
 (PR thread) https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/43

Except for Simon’s reservations, I previously proposed to accept the proposal. Simon wrote that we ought to accept it after the requested change, which has now happened.

Hence, I will mark the proposal as accepted *unless* I hear a dissenting opinion by the end of next week.

Cheers,
Manuel