[ghc-steering-committee] Please review: Int8/Word8, Shepherd: Simon Marlow

Ryan Newton rrnewton at indiana.edu
Sun Feb 11 04:16:05 UTC 2018

This sounds great, especially as the proposer is working on implementing
it.  Let's accept!

As a procedural note, it seems like if the calling conventions *were* ever
changed (to avoid "rounding up" everything to 64 bits between caller and
callee), that that improvement would not need to go through the proposals
process.  I.e., it's an implementation detail rather than a user-visible
change.

Best,
  -Ryan