[ghc-steering-committee] Discussion about "Type Application in Patterns" (#126)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Aug 17 17:27:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 17.08.2018, 13:00 -0400 schrieb Eric Seidel:
> I've always thought of "@Int" as a single syntactic unit, so I'd be happy to disallow spaces between the @ and the type.

not opposed in principle, but if we go that route, it should also apply
to type applications in expressions, for consistency. Are we willing to
potentially break code out there?  (Well, it’s an extension, the fix is
simple and fully backward-compatible, and most people probably got it
right in the first place, so maybe breaking is not too bad.)

  mail at joachim-breitner.de