[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal: Lazy unboxed tuples / warn on unbanged strict patterns (#35); Recommendation: Reject

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 16 07:38:14 UTC 2018

I’m actually mildly in favour of the proposed design.

The main reason for rejection is really

* It’s a change

Change is always a bit disruptive; and no one is arguing strongly that they really really want this.

So maybe we should just “park” it as OK in principle, but without sufficient support to justify the (hard to quantify) changeover costs.

Simon