[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Apr 25 14:13:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.04.2018, 07:41 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones:
> Perhaps the proposal could somehow point to the committee thread (once it starts)? So that it was easy to start from one point and get to
> * The rendered proposal
> * The Github thread
> * The committee discussion

sure, the Shepherd (or anyone) is free to add a link to the committee
thread. All of us, as “members” of the Github repository, can edit the
text of the pull request. I am reluctant to commit to doing that
everytime and always until it is clear that there is a persistent
problem for us that is fixed that way.

A smaller improvement might be to consistently include the pull request
number in the subject of the thread that discusses it. That would
certainly make my job of aggregating the status mails easier. I will
add a note about that to the “Please review” mails.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de