[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal: Type Fixity (#65), Recommendation: accept under ExplicitNamespaces

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Oct 19 14:19:24 UTC 2017

Hi committee,

the other thread on this proposal has veered off into a (very useful)
meta-discussion. It seems that we will likely soon have a way to bless
certain language extensions as stable, but this implies that
ExplicitNamespaces it not (yet) one of those.

In this light, I want to make progress on the proposal at hand, so I
propose that we accept the proposal
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/65
including the extension to WARNING pragmas etc. in
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/65#issuecomment-334973450
(which I will ask Ryan Scott to incorporate into the proposal)
and under the agenda of expanding (completing) ExplicitNamespaces,
rather than introducing a separate language extension.

Is that fine with everyone? As always, I will take silence as a yes,
and declare victory^Hconsensus after a week or so.

Greetings,

  mail at joachim-breitner.de