[ghc-steering-committee] Redid our documentation

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Feb 27 02:29:51 UTC 2017

Hi Manuel,

just to make sure I get what you are saying, are you suggesting this
approach?

 * (At least) one committee member, let’s call him the secretary,
   promises to watch the GitHub repository close enough.
 * When an author wants to bring a proposal before the committe, he
   adds a comment to the a pull request, briefly summarizing the major
   points raised during the discussion period and stating their belief
   that the proposal is ready for review..
 * The secretary notices that, labels the proposal as
   “Pending committee review” and notifies the committee.

This would be slightly more convenient for the submitters, and slightly
more work for the committee. But I guess it makes sense, and we can try
this way.

Simon already shoved me towards picking up the “secretary” hat, to
reduce load on Ben. Ben, unless you protest, I’ll take over this role.

I updated
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/tree/wip/docs-restructuring
accordingly

Greetings,