[ghc-steering-committee] Redid our documentation

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Sun Feb 26 17:07:10 UTC 2017

Label changes are pretty under the radar, which is why my original
suggestion included the project board.

Messages to the mailing list could work, but I'd prefer we kept this
for our discussions and figure out notifications on Github.

IIRC, we were supposed to assign helpers to the issues. My prior
assumption had been that the proposer would cc them in the Github
issue. The helper would then notify the broader committee on the
mailing list.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Richard Eisenberg <rae at cs.brynmawr.edu> wrote:

>> On Feb 25, 2017, at 11:26 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
>>
>>  * What was “Under Discussion” is now simply any PR that does not have
>> any other label. This way, when opening discussion, nothing concrete
>> has to be done. Which is easier. (GitHub allows to list all PRs that
>> have no label, so there is no loss in functionality here.)
>>
>>  * When the author wants to submit the PR, he sends a mail to this
>> mailinglist (is this set up to accept mails from non-subscribers?) and
>> it its the task of the shephard to set the label to indicate that that
>> the committee has accepted to review the proposal. (At this point, the
>> shephard could for example set the `Out-of-scope` label instead.)
>
> While I have not re-read the documentation changes, this tweak seems sensible to me. I was always skeptical of having us react simply to a label change without an email.
>
> Thanks for doing this!
>
> Richard

Chris Allen
Currently working on http://haskellbook.com