[ghc-steering-committee] Mutable constructor fields

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:07:12 UTC 2017

I haven't been pushing this forwards mainly because I don't have the
bandwidth myself to work on the implementation, but if someone else is able
to do that, that would be great.

There are some details of the spec to iron out.  One is a syntactic
decision - whether to use a new keyword "mutable" to indicate mutable
fields or not - I'll request comments on the proposal.  There are other
details of the spec to iron out related to the implementation, but I think
it'll be easier to work through those by starting on a prototype.

Cheers
Simon