Acknowledgement of CI instability

Sam Derbyshire sam.derbyshire at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:36:13 UTC 2024

Hi all,

The GHC team would like to acknowledge some ongoing CI instabilities in the
GHC project:

  - regular failures of the i386 job, possibly related to the bump to
debian 12
<https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/commit/203830065b81fe29003c1640a354f11661ffc604>
(although the job still failed occasionally before this),
  - flakiness of the MultiLayerModulesDefsGhciReload test causing the
fedora33-release job to fail,
  - lack of availability of darwin runners, causing aarch64-darwin and
x86_64-darwin jobs to time out.

These issues are currently causing a string of marge batch failures,
holding up several MRs.

We are currently short on resources for addressing problems with CI, so
please bear with us while we sort the situation out. In the meantime, feel
free to let us know of any other CI issues that are impacting your work on
GHC.

Best,

Sam